www.allenwoodcelticfc.com >> Match of the Day >> AllenwoodCeltic-v-KynogUnited-U12-April-2013

Allenwood Celtic vs Kynog United - U12 - April 2013

On a gloriously sunny day, perfect for football, Allenwood Celtic Under 12 s welcomed Kynog United for a return league fixture. This was the second meeting of the teams in 5 days and the previous game was a scrappy affair with Celtic coming out on top on a shoreline of 1 nil.

On home turf, Celtic turned in a very good performance and displayed some good quality passing and committed tackling to set up a convincing victory for home supporters to savour. After his man of the match performance at centre back in the 1st meeting of the sides Sean Moran played in goal due to a long term injury to Killian Heffernan. Seans reading of the game and speed from his goal line provided the platform for many attacking forays into the Kynog defence where the pressure was incessant.   

The opening goal of the game was scored by Stephen Leavy who took on and beat 3 Kynog players before slotting a right foot shot to the bottom right corner of the Kynog net. The switching of Eoin Bagnall with Kian Percival worked immediately as Kian powered in from midfield and hit a screamer from 18 yards into the top left hand corner of the net. By now Celtic were completely on top and numerous attacks followed from the industry of Stephen Mc Kenna and Jordan Gill whose work rate was very good in this game and the sweeping and setting up of attacks by Eoin Bagnall. Celtic took a deserved 2 nil lead at the break.

The second half started with Fionn Moran and Ben Whelan on top in defence and Stephen Leavy and Kian Percival orchestrating midfield and Tiernan Byrne and Nathan Moore attacking at will. The 3rd goal was not long in coming. Razor sharp thinking by the lively Tiernan Byrne saw him lob the ball over the Kynog Keeper into the net. Tiernan enjoyed putting one over on his former team and for the previous game his dad drove him from his holiday base in Wexford to play -- that’s commitment for you!!. The fourth goal came following a great run on the right wing by the industrious Mark Dunne who played a great one-two with Nathan Moore and hit a brilliant cross field pass to Josh Stedman to hit a great first time shot into the net. Celtic was by now completely on top with Jack Musgrave and Anthony Menehan cutting off every attack Kynog mustered. 

The fifth Celtic goal came straight from the restart when the tip off was intercepted and a great ball split the Kynog defence and was met by the ever alert Tiernan Byrne who ran on to the ball and placed a lovely side foot shot into the corner of the net giving the keeper no chance.

The game was now over as a contest however there was still time for a deserved consolation goal in the dying minutes for Kynog who despite the pressure they were put under, kept battling and represented their club in the right way.

Best for Celtic were Tiernan Byrne, Mark Dunne, Stephen Leavy, Fionn Moran and man of the match Kian Percival.